- Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F) Gas Mark 3.
- Put the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter into a food processor and beat on slow speed until everything is combined.
- Whisk the milk, egg and vanilla extract together, and pour half into the flour mixture, and beat to combine then pour in the remaining milk mixture and beat until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until risen. Leave to cool for about 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- For the topping, place the butter into a food processor and beat until fluffy, add the icing sugar gradually and then add the Scotch Whisky Chocolate Sauce. Be careful not to overmix. If you feel the icing is too runny, add more icing sugar.
Based in the bonnie Kingdom of Fife, Scotland, the Whisky Sauce Co. is a small team of keen cooks who love new and exciting foods and want to bring a Scottish twist to everyday sauces. Having Haggis for tea? Then why not try it with our Whisky Sauce. Pour Whisky Sauce on steak, brush over salmon or use as an ingredient for flavouring your cooking. Having pancakes or porridge for breakfast? Then add a slug of our Whisky Syrup to make it really special. Ice-cream is transformed with our Whisky Chocolate Sauce or our Malt Whisky Caramel Sauce. Fancy a salad? Then why not add a drizzle of our Whisky Balsamic Dressing. Finally add a dollop of Whisky BBQ to your sausage or bacon roll, it’s braw (as they say in Scotland). And if whisky is not your tipple of choice, why not buy a bottle for the whisky lover in your life, it is guaranteed to put a smile on their face!
Chocolate Whisky Cupcakes
- 100g plain flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 1/2tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 40g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 120ml whole milk
- 1 egg
- ¼tsp vanilla extract
- 75g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 250g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp Whisky Sauce Chocolate Sauce
Sugar, parially inverted sugar syrup, chocolate (cocoa mass, sugar, fat-reduced cocoa powder, emulsifier,SOYA, lecithin,natural vanilla flavouring),water, Scotch Malt Whisky, (12%), WHIPPING CREAM, (MILK), cornflour, alc. 4.8%vol.
Soya, malt barley, milk
Nutritional Information: Typical values per 100g, Energy 1035kJ, 246kcal, Fat 10g of which saturates 6.1g, Carbohydrate 38g of which sugars 33g, Protein 1.5g, Salt 0.2g Net weight: 100ml