- Whisk the milk and eggs in a jug, then set aside.
- Sieve the flour and the baking powder into a bowl, add a pinch of salt, the sugar and combine. Make well in the centre and gradually pour in the milk and egg mixture. Beat well.
- Brush a non-stick frying pan with a little vegetable oil and place over a medium heat, when the pan is hot, pour half a ladle of batter into the pan to form a pancake that is approx 10cm (4in) in diameter.
- Cook until bubbles start to form, then flip the pancake over and cook the other side until golden.
- Serve with a drizzle of whisky sauce syrup, raspberries and white choc chips.
- As a change, try Banoffee pancakes. Just use the recipe above then drizzle with our whisky caramel sauce, add sliced bananas and maybe some squirty cream. Delish!
Based in the bonnie Kingdom of Fife, Scotland, the Whisky Sauce Co. is a small team of keen cooks who love new and exciting foods and want to bring a Scottish twist to everyday sauces. Having Haggis for tea? Then why not try it with our Whisky Sauce. Pour Whisky Sauce on steak, brush over salmon or use as an ingredient for flavouring your cooking. Having pancakes or porridge for breakfast? Then add a slug of our Whisky Syrup to make it really special. Ice-cream is transformed with our Whisky Chocolate Sauce or our Malt Whisky Caramel Sauce. Fancy a salad? Then why not add a drizzle of our Whisky Balsamic Dressing. Finally add a dollop of Whisky BBQ to your sausage or bacon roll, it’s braw (as they say in Scotland). And if whisky is not your tipple of choice, why not buy a bottle for the whisky lover in your life, it is guaranteed to put a smile on their face!
Spoil your Mum on Mother’s Day with our super easy, super quick pancakes!
- 350ml (12fl oz) milk
- 2 eggs
- 200g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- vegetable oil, for frying
- whisky Sauce syrup to drizzle
- raspberries and white choc chips to garnish
Partially inverted sugar syrup, Scotch Malt Whisky (12%), water4, spices, alc 4.9% vol.
Nutritional Information: Typical values per 100g, Energy 1095kJ, 258kcal, Fat 0.0g of which saturates 0.0g, Carbohydrate 64g of which sugars 64g, Protein 0.3g, Salt 0.5g